ENACTUS @ CSUDH
CSUDH in 2016 has close to 300+ students on the CSUDH Enactus team who are doing many social entrepreneurship projects for the campus and community. Enactus is open to all students and highly encouraged for all to consider joining for the networking opportunities and the opportunity to make a positive difference. There is no cost to join, but it is an excellent resource for students, the school and the community! There is also a very powerful career marketplace with excellent networking and opportunities with thousands of corporations who love to hire ENACTUS members…check it out http://enactusunitedstates.org/ and register today to participate! Once you join you will always have access to the resources even after you graduate…join as a student and as an ENACTUS alumni you are welcome!
What is ENACTUS?
Enactus is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring students to improve the world through entrepreneurial action. We provide a platform for teams of outstanding university students to create community development projects that put people’s own ingenuity and talents at the center of improving their livelihoods. Guided by educators and supported by business leaders, our students take the kind of entrepreneurial approach that empowers people to be a part of their own success. Our work transforms both the lives of the people we serve, and in turn, the lives of our students as they develop into more effective, values-driven leaders.
Like in business, we believe that competition encourages creativity and rewards results. For Enactus, it means more lives impacted. An annual series of regional and national competitions provides a forum for teams to showcase the impact of their outreach efforts and to be evaluated by executives serving as judges. National champion teams advance to the prestigious Enactus World Cup to experience excellence in competition, collaboration and celebration.
Ashoka’s Programs in the US:
Ashoka’s Venture & Fellowship program identifies and elects leading social entrepreneurs to the global Ashoka Fellowship and provides support, community, collaboration opportunities, and recognition.
Ashoka also builds empowered changemaker communities in the US by spreading the skills of entrepreneurship, empathy, and collaboration across sectors and institutions through the following programs:
- Ashoka’s Changemakers.com is a global community of action where we source and collaborate on social solutions.
- Ashoka U is developing new models for universities to serve as enabling environments in which every individual has access to the resources, learning opportunities, role models, and peer communities needed to actualize their full potential as changemakers.
- Ashoka’s Youth Venture inspires, mentors, and invests in teams of young people launching and leading their own social ventures.
- Start Empathy is a community of individuals and institutions dedicated to building a world where every child masters empathy.
- The Ashoka Support Network (ASN) is a global community of successful business leaders who engage with Ashoka, committing time and resources to support the work of Ashoka Fellows.